Welcome to the Mindful Awareness in Public Safety Training Institute (MAPSti).
MAPSti was created by former Law Enforcement and Fire Officers who both study and embody mindfulness.
- MAPSti offers the full 8-week, 9 session MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course - developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- MAPSti also offers individual and group facilitation in mindfulness and dialogue practices inspired by;
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) - Kristin Neff and Chris Germer
- Edge States - Joan Halifax, and
- Active Engagement: Mindful Leadership – Steven Wirth
Please check out our "About Us" section for more info about our teachers our training, experience, and why we believe in what we teach.
The presence of the COVID-19 pandemic and then emergence of National discomfort surrounding systemic racism have resulted in particular challenges for public safety. We here at MAPSti are offering rob..
IN PERSON LEARNING IS NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE PANDEMIC You are invited to consider a 70% discount and enroll in our LIVE ONLINE classes. Mindfulness: Changing your relationship with the pr..
This 1-day, 7.5-hour experiential retreat developed for mental health professionals, more specifically for those working with public safety workers. During this retreat participants practice min..
This 1-day, 7.5-hour experiential retreat developed for public safety personnel,introduces the practice of cultivating mindfulness so that we may be grounded and aware in the present moment. During th..
Active Engagement: The Practice of Mindful LeadershipA training process for cultivating the collective wisdom and effectiveness of organizations and individuals.WhatThis training serves as an introduc..
We offer additional Teaching Services to support the practices and challenges that arise in the journey of waking up mindfully. These Teaching Services can be done individually or in a group setting; ..